|Title:||Business Systems Analyst II|
|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Himanshu Bhardwaj|
|Department:||9738- CMO EB Fulfillment - OB|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Exempt|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture.
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Business Systems Analyst II (BSA II) is a critical member of the warehouse team, responsible for leading and implementing warehouse process improvement projects. The BSA II will work on projects of diverse scope and complexity, from small-scale process changes to large-scale system implementations. They will also serve as the change agent for warehouse processes, working with stakeholders to identify and implement new ways of working.
The Business Analyst II position is in Olive Branch, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Conduct data analysis and research on distribution center operations to identify deviations, inconsistencies, and gaps; use the findings to determine improvement opportunities and recommend timely corrective actions
- Develop and create reporting tools and dashboards using business intelligence software to enhance visibility and enable data-driven decision-making in daily operations
- Analyze and interpret large data sets to identify area of improvements and create SMART action plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conduct continuous improvement projects following six-sigma and lean manufacturing guidelines for providing high-standard service to customer
- Independently initiate, identify, research, investigate, analyze, define and document process changes with the aim of increasing productivity and enhancing efficiency
- Understand organization's direction, structure and requirements
- Identify all affected stakeholders for a project; identify overlaps and related processes
- Evaluate alternative operational efficiencies
- Document and refine system modifications
- Assist in developing project plans using project planning tools, such as work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths, tasks, and deliverables
- Provide status on project milestones, alerting client/project manager of any potential delays
- Provide expertise to cross functional groups, delivers presentations, demonstrations and training for various initiatives and projects
- Assist with the design and implementation of training programs for associated on the newer enhanced processes
- Assist in planning, developing and executing test plans
- Maintain issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems
- Provide knowledge transfer and feedback as appropriate
- Communicate effectively with business users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent work experience in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
- At least 5 years of experience in defining and implementing business process improvements in supply chain management systems and warehouse management
- Strong technical skills in SQL and at least one BI tool
- Knowledge of current best practices in Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Distribution
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work with minimal supervision
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
- At least 2 years of experience in defining and implementing bussiness process improvements in supply chain management systems and warehouse management
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com