|Title:||Lead Delivery Driver|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma - Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
$1,000 Sign on Bonus
Extraordinary local home-delivery and customer relations delivery driver position. Position involves local trips with loads of furniture and accessories that must be unloaded at a customer’s home, office or other designated location. Back hauls consist primarily of customer returns and scheduled pickups of furniture. This position is nontraditional since drivers play a critical role for ensuring customer satisfaction.
The Lead Delivery Driver position is located in Olive Branch, MS
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Be operating and driving a straight-truck
- Unload furniture at customer’s designated location; e.g. home, office, upstairs, downstairs.
- Completely assembling furniture as required; e.g. placing mirror brackets, bed slats, bed center support legs, hanging wall mirrors (within company safety and liability guidelines)
- Be performing minor repairs of furniture during unloading process or in customer’s home
- Inspect vehicle for safe performance
- Conduct inventory of tools, supplies, equipment and repair kits
- Prepare required documentation; driver logs, delivery receipts and comments
- Unload returns and pickups each morning prior to loading new delivery items.
- Submit all delivery documents and vehicle inspections sheet along with explanations of returned items.
- Project company image,” White Glove Service”
- Train others on daily work assignments when needed
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of driver training program or one-year equivalent experience
- Previous experience with furniture or household goods desirable, will train
- Understanding of proper lifting techniques desirable, will train
- Experience driving a 26’ box truck or CDL “B” or “A” preferred
- Acceptable driving record
- Knowledge of highways, map reading, sense of direction
- Great communication skills and friendly, professional manner
- Minimum age 21 years
- Honesty and pride in workmanship
- Ability to lift heavy, in excess of 500 pounds, furniture effectively with partner
- Must have outstanding attendance and be a team player
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com