|Shift::||1st Shift; Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm|
|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
The Williams-Sonoma Distribution Center in South Brunswick, NJ is hiring for Forklift Drivers! Your career is waiting at Williams-Sonoma!
If you have experience working in a warehouse, office or call center environment, check out the variety of full-time forklift driver positions we have at our South Brunswick Distribution Center campus. We offer different shifts to fit your availability, competitive pay rates, generous shift differentials, and great benefits!
To be successful in this role, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment! We are looking for highly motivated team members who demonstrate reliable attendance. Certain roles may require you to stand and walk for extended periods of time and some workstations are in a warehouse environment that is subject to seasonal changes. We offer cross training opportunities to develop your skills and help you to advance in your career.
Full and part-time associates enjoy a range of benefits that may include medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, personal time off, 3 weeks’ vacation pay, sick pay, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, employee discounts, employee referral incentives and more. Enjoy company-paid programs including 1x annual salary - life insurance, wellness programs, employee assistance resources, biometrics and flu shots.
To say that the world has been turned upside-down over the last six months would be an understatement. With COVID-19 as new norm, we believe it is important to stay abreast of new ways to stay safe – currently we have daily wellness checks, socially distanced work stations, break and lunch rooms, temperature scanners at the entrances, an on-site cleaning crew, hand sanitizer stations, disposable and cloth masks provided, and electrostatic cleaning done weekly. If you like the sound of it, then come join our team. We think you'll like it here!
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with leadership to ensure the completion of all (Manual and On-Task) tasks by end of each day.
- Utilizing the orders to understand where items need to be moved – may or may not include power equipment.
- Utilizing the warehouse system to maintain and uphold inventory accuracy.
- Ensuring the completion of all staging/sweeping tasks using power equipment.
- Loads and unloads, stacks, and stages products utilizing multiple types of power equipment.
- Ensure organization and housekeeping of aisles and surroundings daily.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company to help avoid unsafe or hazardous working conditions.
- Other duties as instructed.
- 1 – 2 years of forklift experience.
- Previous reach truck & stand-up pallet jack experience required.
- Previous warehousing and/or transportation background desired.
- Must be able to lift 65lbs minimum.
- Candidate must display a strong attention to detail.
- Availability to work full time schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Excellent attendance, and willingness to be part of a team - performing whatever duties are necessary.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed.
- AS400 (HUBM and PKMS) warehousing systems preferred.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.