|Title:||Operations Manager R&D|
This Operations Manager position is responsible for providing overall leadership, management and strategic direction to the R&D departments within upholstery furniture manufacturing plant(s). The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
- Lead, guide and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements
- Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments, people utilization, damages; provide periodic reports to multiple tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate communication
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Directing and ensuring top service for internal/external customers
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met
- Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution center and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules
- Achieving financial plans and budget objectives
- A Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant distribution or manufacturing management/leadership experience
- Significant experience in product development of residential upholstery to include frame design, cushion design, and pattern design.
- Accomplished change agent in the area of process improvement, questions the status quo.
- Experience working in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Must be highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- 6+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred