|Title:||Administrative Assistant Richmond, CA - 2023|
|Date Posted:||Aug 20, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Brcue Jensik|
|Shift:||Wednesday - Saturday 5:00 am - 3:30 pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma Supply Chain - Richmond, CA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Administrative Assistant position is located in Richmond, CA.
You will be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Track and provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports showing departmental metrics.
- Effectively communicate with the team regarding daily tasks.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed on all written and verbal communications/documentation.
- Troubleshooting and communicating issues to the team.
- Research and report issues to the team.
- Coordinating handoff and action plan with the previous and following shift.
- Creating and implementing standard operating procedures to properly complete a job function.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company to help avoid unsafe or hazardous working conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
- AS400/WMOS/PKMS Warehouse Management system knowledge required.
- Organized, detailed, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent attendance, and willingness to be part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary.
- Availability to work a full-time schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, and strong communication skills.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and lift through out the day
- Able to use computer for extended time