This position is responsible for planning and scheduling production at all Sutter Street locations and outsourced vendors based on product mix and fabric availability. The Scheduler/Planner is also responsible for ensuring each manufacturing location is set up to receive the appropriate amount of units each week.
· Plan and schedule production at all manufacturing sites as well as outsource vendors.
· Constantly monitor fabric levels and communicate to necessary personnel if a shortage of fabric occurs.
· Work closely with the brands and internal customer service to ensure orders are produced and shipped on time in regard to DSV dates.
· Move production from site to site when necessary. Balance orders between sites to meet customer demands.
· Update and publish daily production reports to all managers across all locations.
· Plan each site’s daily schedules to maximize productivity and reduce cost of operation.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with associates, peers, and managers within the organization.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· BS Business, Engineering or related field and 2-4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in high-end upholstery manufacturing environment.
· Advanced PC skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must. Especially Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret general business information.
· Requires the ability to write sql reports and communicate effectively using telephonic, written, and electronic means.
· Requires the ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small and large group situations to customers, management, and/or associates of the organization.
· Requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts. Must be able to read and interpret financial data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on a regular basis.
· Successful candidate must possess a strong sense of urgency and time management skills to meet deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The associate must be able to move, lift or carry heavy objects or materials up to 50-100 pounds. Must be able to sit for extended periods and easily view a computer monitor.
WORK CONDITIONS AND HAZARDS:
Work is regularly performed in a manufacturing setting. There may be exposure to flying particles and airborne particles. May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to humid, hot, or cold conditions.