|Title:||Furniture Manufacturing Fabric Receiving and Picking|
|Shift:||Day Shift: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm, Weekend Shift: Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm, and Night Shift: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-1:30am|
About Williams Sonoma Supply Chain - Claremont NC & Conover, NC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams - Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC, MS and CA are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team! The ideal associate will possess previous furniture manufacturing experience, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. We are also willing to train motivated individuals looking to learn a trade that will lead to a satisfying and profitable career in home furnishings manufacturing and distribution.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Fabric Receiving and Picking position is located in Claremont, NC This position is responsible for receiving, inspecting and properly handle fabric.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Receive all fabric.
- Check to insure correct fabric has been received.
- Check color dye lot to see it fits into an acceptable color range; if acceptable but with slight visual differences, consult with management to determine how to handle.
- Inspect fabric for any defects, including width. If acceptable, input fabric into facility computer system
- Tag fabric roll with fabric roll number and place into correct fabric bins
- Assist cutters with fabric needs, pull correct roll, check it to the correct cutter and place on cutter's table. When cutter if finished with fabric roll, bring remaining roll back across computer scales and into bin. If roll is used up, zero the roll off the computer system.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Up to 3 years of experience in Fabric Receiving/Inspection area with specific experience in upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
- Experience using computers for tracking and updating kit location for customer service
- Ability to see patterns on fabric, good color distinction ability
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Ability to frequently lift rolls weighing approximately 75 lbs or more
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com