|Title:||Director of Finance|
|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Mark Spanier|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Exempt|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Finance Director will provide financial expertise for all Distribution Centers across all areas of financial management, including leading the monthly Distribution Center financial close, monthly forecast, the annual operating budget as well as ad hoc analysis to support the business. As a key member of the Finance team this role will provide expertise on all financial and strategic matters and serve as an advisor in providing key financial information and analysis to drive the business and influence decision making.
The Director of Finance position is located in Olive Branch, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Lead the Distribution Centers in:
- Financial month-end close
- Monthly forecasting
- Annual budgeting
- Work with the Operations to measure and manage variable labor including variance analysis
- Partner with DC operations team in the management of locations
- Create actionable financial and metric reporting and ensure data integrity
- Maintain a thorough understanding of business risks and opportunities. Develop forward looking predictive models to support the monitoring and forecasting of the business.
- Identify cost-saving and profit maximizing opportunities and provide meaningful information to key decision makers. Develop competitive benchmark analysis
- Lead a high-performance team through strong coaching, training and direction, along with writing and delivering annual performance evaluations
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of financial analysis, planning and accounting
- Solid level of proficiency utilizing Excel and PowerPoint, including vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- Strong analytical, consulting, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Experience with budgeting/accounting systems such as Oracle.
- Highly motivated, strong sense of urgency and track record of getting results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong matrix management, teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels, and thrive in a cross-functional, evolving business and technical environment
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master's in Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience in Supply Chain
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC
- Ability to transport materials or equipment or lifting, moving, carrying objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com