Work with Lead and/or Manager to ensure all daily functions of the receiving department are completed on time. Takes full ownership of emails and makes sure they are answered in a timely manner. Works daily with Yard view management to identify priority containers.
- Identify priority containers in the yard
- Assist Lead or Manager in researching all variances on Inbound Shipments
- Answer all emails in a timely manner
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company.
- Works cooperatively and harmoniously with manager, lead, co-workers, and others
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires
- Willingness to be part of a team- performing other duties as necessary
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports
- Respond to all inquiries from other departments and outside partners
- Overlook of DC operational daily reports/printing paperwork
- Continuous interaction with other departments to ensure the completion of daily orders and service level goal achievement.
- Train others on daily work assignments when needed
- Must have good attendance and be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Basic knowledge of Receiving, Replenishment, Picking, Shipping, Inventory Control, Profiling, and Waving
- Have working knowledge of Excel, PKMS, RF scanners, and AS400.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Knowledge of basic math (addition and subtraction)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedules
- Heavy lifting up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to clearly communicate in a group and private setting
- Able to use computer for an extended period of time
- Print, Sort, and Distribute system generated reports for all departments
- Understanding distribution center work flow
- Understand reconciliation procedures and service goals
- Ability to balance multiple tasks