HR Admin Assistant
|Title:||HR Admin Assistant|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with special projects such as: associate personnel files scanning, creations of new hire orientation packets, etc…
- Process Global Supply Chain payroll to include time entry, hour adjustments, Kronos reports, perfect attendance, distribution of paychecks, etc…
- Conduct review of timecards for accuracy, record benefit time requests and maintain associate schedules in the Kronos timekeeping system
- Perform payroll data entry by reviewing, editing and adjusting timesheets to accurately record pay codes in preparation for payroll processing (i.e. missed punches, PTO)
- Assist with the Memphis and Olive Branch HR-DC Records mailbox requests. Processing of Data entry into Lawson of new hire associate paperwork
- Verification and entry of the I-9 documentation
- Provide the upkeep of daily personnel filing to ensure items are placed in associate files in a timely manner; along with proper maintenance of HR files and records
- Assist with associate requests by capturing relevant information and directing to appropriate team member to facilitate resolutions.
- Prepare human resources record updates by creating and/or entering Associate Action Notices (AANs) into the HRIS- Lawson, i.e., recording transfers, changes in job classification, pay increases based on documentation
- Conduct Lawson audits, report on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Acts as liaison between Payroll Coordinator and associates and/or management with inquiries regarding payroll discrepancies, pay, hours, retro and available PTO
- Provide support utilizing the Attendance Management System (AMS) for maintaining associate’s attendance and benefit utilization (PTO, Vacation time) for Memphis and Olive Branch operations as needed
- Prepares and maintains ad hoc reports to carry out functions of the HR department in timely manner.
- Assists with maintaining bulletin boards with current legal notices, company information, associate relations events, and other news related to associates
- Handle confidential and sensitive associate information on an on-going basis
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate degree
- 2 - 4 years’ previous human resources or relevant customer service experience
- Must be a self-starter and self-directed performance improvement professional that determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- 1-year proficient experience in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with internal and external customers, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- The successful candidate for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with minimal supervision.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in business related field with concentration Human Resources
- Previous experience with HR systems (Kronos, AMS, HRIS)
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications