|Title:||Customs Compliance Analyst|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is seeking a proven professional with Customs five years or more experience working for an importer of retail merchandise. You will part of a dynamic team that is responsible for ensuring corporate compliance to the rules and regulations of Customs and other government agencies while providing guidance to achieve lowest landed cost for a complex and broad product line.
The ideal candidate must have proven ability to think and perform strategically and will have at least five years’ experience in classifying a broad range of products including food and textiles.
The performance expectations of this position include; acting with a sense of urgency while maintaining high compliance and due diligence, analyzing and determining root causes, thinking and planning strategically, elevating operational issues effectively and fostering positive communication between internal and external business partners.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Determine HTS (HS) codes for a wide variety of products for four destination countries: United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom. Provide direction related to rules of origin for country of origin determination
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform analysis and documentation of both legal and factual information for classification of products for HTS(HS) to ensure smooth and accurate customs clearance and/or applicable special trade program qualification
- Maintain customs classification records to ensure company adherence with Customs rules and regulations and to demonstrate reasonable care
- Identify and address government agency requirements for imported or exported products.
- Respond to inquiries from Customs Brokers and resolve problems impacting import shipments. Research and provide information required for customs clearance
- Provide training to business partners as required. Contribute to user-friendly reference materials that support business and compliance requirements.
- Keep current with changes in regulations that impact classification and the Company’s product
Understand acceptable methods of customs valuation
Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure compliance with all relevant trade related laws and regulations while enabling the business to achieve objectives
Manage a diverse workload which may include changes in priorities and responsibilities.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Licensed US Customs Broker, preferred
- A BS/BA degree in International Trade/Business or equivalent
- 5 years or more experience working in the Customs organization of an US Importer
- Experience in the tariff classification of a broad range of commodities, including textiles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools –Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively
- Knowledge of import and export regulations of other countries is a plus