Logistics Router - Home Delivery
|Title:||Logistics Router - Home Delivery|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Logistics Router will provide daily Fine Routing functions for regional hubs.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to reviewing, adjusting and publishing of routes.
- Logistics Router will work closely with Route Analyst and local hubs to ensure the timeliness of routes.
- Accountability for availability of frequency/capacity of trucks ensuring:
- Daily routes are available every <3 business days
- Multi-Day routes are available within 7 business days
- Remote routes are available 1-2 times a month
- Interface with Route Planning software (Descartes Route Planner) to:
- Manage and create truck availability
- Determine ideal route capacities
- Optimize and export routes to be dispatched
- Approve and route customer special circumstances:
- Escalated orders (same-day routes, unplanned zone deliveries)
- Rescheduled routes.
- Specific delivery instructions.
- Fine Routing: Continuous manual route adjustments based on capacity, density and frequency.
- Routing Timeliness: ensuring that routes are published for operational needs.
- Communication liaison between Hubs, Schedulers, Router Analysts and Planners, DOT compliance.
MUST EXHIBIT EXCEPTIONAL ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic distribution environment is required
- A strong internal and external customer commitment
- Consistency and reliability
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels in order to work cross organizationally toward solutions and excellent leadership and consensus building skills
- Responsible for achieving efficiency and production objectives consistent with quality requirements
- Ability to motivate a team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Manage projects under aggressive time and dollar constraints
scheduler routing planner route
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1-year routing experience or in related field.
- Proven proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels
- Descartes or other Routing System Knowledge preferred.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications