|Title:||Assistant General Operations Manager - DC|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday|
About Williams Sonoma - Tracy, CA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The successful Assistant General Operations Manager provides leadership, guidance, and direction to the managers and associates in the assigned departments to encourage and gain support toward meeting corporate objectives.
The Assistant General Operations Manager - DC position is located in Tracy, CA.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Exhibit exceptional leadership skills and possess the following:
- Develop the operating plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products conform
- Display abilities to develop, monitor and achieve financial plans and budgets
- Communicate daily with 3pl delivery providers
- Conduct weekly performance reviews with 3PL delivery providers
- Identify and analyze root causes of key performance indicators in order to mitigate future occurrences
- Negotiate, review, and approve freight invoice charges
- Manage projects under aggressive time and dollar constraints
- Hire, train, mentor and develop team members in order to assist with professional growth and development
- Display superior communication and interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships at multiple levels in order to work cross organizationally toward solutions, excellent leadership and consensus-building skills
- Display ability to drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost control, service, and inventory accuracy
- Application support and data maintenance (Qlikview, HubWM)
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering. Or related area plus 3-5 years of experience
- A minimum of 2 years prior white glove delivery hub operations management experience
- Experience/knowledge of process improvement platforms (six-Sigma, Lean)
- Extensive knowledge of applications such S PKMS, QlikView, AND MICROSOFT Office Suite
- Solid problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate, and reach appropriate conclusions/solutions.
- Ability to delegate and manage projects and activities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels
- Transform raw data into useful information to better understand the network and identify opportunities for improvements
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com