Olive Branch, MS Distribution Center
Full-Time Warehouse Lead
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing. Today, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is one of the United States' largest e-commerce retailers with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings. We currently operate retail stores in the United States, Canada Puerto Rico, Australia, and the United Kingdom, and franchise our brands to third parties in a number of countries in the Middle East. Our products are also available to customers through our catalogs and online worldwide.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES: With minimal supervision, supports Operations Manager/General Operations Manager with leading, guiding and directing a group of associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost in the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma's Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates on daily activities
- Partner with Operations Manager to plan and staff departmental functions
- Train and develop departmental resources to ensure staffing of all functions within the department Share business information with teammates through floor presence and effective verbal and written communication Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company. Adopt the 5S philosophy for maintaining a clean and safe work environment; communicate safety topics and conduct safety audits
- Ensure availability of materials (supplies) and resources to all associates in the team, so that they can perform their duties with maximum efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Control and maintain and steady workflow on the floor by ensuring
- All functions within the department are staffed with adequate headcount - partner with Operations Manager and move associates around by skillset to balance the flow if necessary
- Ensure associates have the equipment and supplies needed to do their job; follow processes to ensure non-functional equipment is repaired or replaced
- Ensure downtime issues are addressed as soon as they arise through the correct channels, including systemic and mechanical
- Periodic updates are provided to associates as well as management to ensure production is on pace
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to associates, peers and Operations Managers by using departmental resources
- Coordinate projects and associated timelines
- Provide training and onboard new associates
- Understand and convey performance against KPIs
- Coordinate building preparedness for site visits and special events
- Conduct root cause analysis on issues pertaining to safety, service, quality and cost and develop and implement solutions to address these root causes
- Adopt and endorse lean manufacturing concepts where applicable
- Champion change management when required and adopt a continuous improvement philosophy
- And other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or in lieu of Associate’s degree, a High School Diploma combined with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in supply chain or retail in a supervisory or management role
- Systems savviness, with proven experience interacting with relevant systems and adopting a data-driven approach
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead from the frontlines and be hands on (job has very little desk time)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in high volume distribution or manufacturing
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Forklift driving experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certification