|Title:||Human Resources Manager|
|Date Posted:||Aug 31, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Jon Strathman|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma – Braselton, GA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture.
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The onsite Human Resources Manager provides a full range of support and counsel to the distribution center management Team. This includes talent management, employment, planning and performance management, compensation, benefits, training and development, health and safety, and employee relations. Position is responsible for the day-to-day application, communication, and implementation of human resources policies for our Braselton facility. The Human Resources Manager will consult and advise management to facilitate department and company growth, impact business strategies, change initiatives and improve productivity.
The Human Resource Manager position is located in Braselton, GA.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Develop a partnership with business client(s) with 350 associates through effective consultation on strategic and operational issues. Offer options and/or direction to resolve problems and address issues; Ensures HR programs support the culture for the location, and partners with business leaders to execute on location specific programs
- Plan for organizational capacity to support business strategy
- Facilitate growth by acting as change agent to impact business strategies, change initiatives and productivity
- Works with operations management to determine recruitment needs and staffing objectives; Recruits for key positions through interviews and sourcing
- Complete needs assessment, design unique programs and delivery methods that meet the needs of the business. Determine need for training and development to address business, morale, or other needs
- Provide coaching and counseling to management, associates, and peers to enhance individual HR expertise and business knowledge
- Support employee relations through proactive and as necessary, reactive interventions with employees and management confidentially and fairly
- Develop, support and communicate policies and procedures; Recommends improvements to HR policies, benefits and training programs, etc; Works with Williams-Sonoma’s corporate HR department to administer benefit and leave of absence programs at the local level
- Manage risk and ensure legal compliance by keeping current with regulatory environment
- Develop succession planning strategies and leadership staffing models
- Provide programs and services to enhance the fluid on-boarding of new associates
- Consult with management to support pay for performance philosophy
- Participate in initiatives supporting compensation and benefits including job evaluation, market data research, program enhancements, and incentive/variable pay program design
- Coordinate special salary surveys, advise management on incentive/variable pay plans, participate in job design and evaluation. Provide analysis of compensation as it impacts retention strategies
- Provide timely information and/or education for all levels of the organization on critical/emerging HR issues having potential impact to the business operations
- Participate in staffing and recruiting initiatives. Consult as required regarding decisions involving promotions, terminations, demotions, and transfers
- Provide management HR information, analyzing and interpreting data to address and manage specific HR issues and concerns. Compile relevant data and periodically provides HR reports that relate to current identified problems or trends affecting the business
- Complete other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- At least 5 - 7 years general human resources experience in supply chain or distribution
- Previous experience with Talent, 9-Box and Succession Planning within a large organization
- Experience with high-volume non-exempt recruitment, conducting job fairs and the flexibility to effectively manage strict hiring timelines
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 4 years Employee Relations and Labor Relations experience
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or related certification
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Able to bend, reach, squat, and climb stairs/ladders
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com