Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
This position is responsible for supporting the Transportation Department through freight planning, logistics reporting, communication with business partners, freight claims and data management.
- Coordinate freight deliveries to warehouses, hubs & stores
- Work with the warehouses to manage trailer pools and assign trailers for loading
- Schedule carrier delivery appointments at consignee locations
- Use TMS (transportation management system) to manage freight tenders and monitor/manage service levels
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative work assisting the claims department including maintaining claims records, spreadsheets and databases
- Active participation in conference calls with WSI corporate partners, freight carriers, warehouses, final mile hubs and stores
- React to sudden business changes by adjusting plans and problem solving
- Manage TMS shipment data including volumes, piece counts, shipment statuses & costs
- Negotiate spot capacity and rages with freight carriers
- Extract data to create reports and distribute to both internal and external business partners
- Flexibility to rotate between other functions within the Transportation Department
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years of professional work experience OR a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Logistics related field of study
- 1 year of proficient experience in MS Excel and MS Outlook. Candidate must be able to create and maintain active spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Functional knowledge of PKMS, GTNexus, TMS, Yardview and Qlikview…or similar systems & BI tools
- 2 years of professional experience in Transportation or Customer Service-related roles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (includes Excel, Access and Word)
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.