- Primary responsibilities include: Manage the company's pool distribution network inclusive of contracting new carriers, negotiating rates, issuing scorecards, and driving improvements through our existing store delivery network. Other responsibilities include the ability to build strong relationships with Store Operations, Store District Managers, as well as Local Store Management.
- Assist in Managing the company's Parcel Network. Responsibilities include management of Direct to Consumer Parcel Outbound, Vendor Drop Ship Parcel, Store Outbound Parcel, and Parcel Network Optimization.
- Heavy analysis of large amounts of data will be required for this position.
- Knowledge and prior experience with Large Parcel Networks
- Manage a Pool Provider Network of 27 total Hubs -- Includes Line-haul Management through the Store Delivery Process
- Strong relationship building skills and a service mindset
- Track metrics, Manage Providers, and drive improvements through Parcel and Pool Delivery Networks
- Heavy analysis of large amount of data - Experience with parcel pricing models/analysis
- Provide leadership, growth, and development to a staff of two exempt transportation coordinators
- Exceptional presentation skills with prior experience presenting to executive levels
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Engineering, or Finance
- Leadership experience as a transportation manager
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead projects to closure
- Proven leadership, problem solving skills, along with the ability to work independently
- Proficient with MS Office
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional Analytical skills
- Ability to travel (As Needed by the Business)
- Experience negotiating and administering Parcel Contracts
- Previous experience with network design, logistics engineering, and TMS (Transportation Management Systems)