|Title:||Sutter South - Line Supply|
|Shift::||4 x 10 Monday-Thursday|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and the key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online, and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers, and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Sets up assembly area and ensures all parts needed to build the product are available. This position is a proactive approach by looking ahead and ensuring there are no delays in building the product.
- Organize all materials and puts components in place for the upholstery department to build up the piece.
- Pushes build kit to the staging area on the floor for the upholsterer to take to the work station.
- Checks for accuracy and ensures all pieces of kit are from the same ticket.
- Tracks kits and tickets to ensure pieces are with the correct furniture frame.
- Manage old orders and ensure that proper communication of what is needed is conveyed to the supervisor.
- Submit, expedite and locate repairs for the cell
- 1- 3 years experience in making ready or set-up area of an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience using computers for tracking and updating kit location for customer service
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication – both oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-keeping skills, including the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to communicate with upholsterers and trimmers on issues related to
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 50 lbs or more
- Ability to bend and twist as required in moving furniture
- Ability to push finished furniture across the floor
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.