The Weekend Transportation Manager role is responsible for the weekend execution of the entire transportation network. The role will support the transportation needs and requirements for all distribution centers, 700 domestic vendors, yard operations, pool point operations, all linehaul activities and all modes, new store openings, outlet deliveries, rail and port drayage along with all track and trace activities.
- Oversee all weekend transportation activities associated with Williams-Sonoma, Inc.'s furniture line-haul into our furniture delivery hubs.
- Oversee all weekend transportation activities associated with domestic vendor inbound into all Williams-Sonoma DC's
- Oversee additional weekend activities for Outlets; Yard Operations, UPS, Pool Point, new store openings and drayage
- Communication with key business partners as needed
- Updating of all metrics as needed
- Additional projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Engineering
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently
- Proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Analytical skills with the ability to manage large data sets
- Previous background in Transportation Management
- Previous experience with a Transportation Management system
- Graduate degree
- Ability to code reports using QlikView or similar BI applications