|Title:||Facility Maintenance Technician II|
|Date Posted:||Apr 24, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Cesar Carrillo|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||20|
About Williams Sonoma – Braselton, GA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Facility Maintenance Technician position is located in Braselton, GA
Job Summary: Shift will be Monday-Thursday 4pm-2:30am, OT as required.
A Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that all facets of building maintenance are taken care of by performing preventative and facilities maintenance as well as meeting immediate maintenance needs.
You'll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Monitor, maintain, perform standard repairs, maintenance, improvements.
- Ensures maintenance and repair work is completed safely, effectively, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to problem solve and understand resources to accomplish tasks
- Read, interpret, and implement work orders and schedule.
- Collaborates with team members to discuss upcoming work assignments
- Works with maintenance supervisor to plan work priorities, obtain necessary supplies, and assess skills needed to complete tasks.
- Determines the most effective way to utilize available labor hours to achieve maximum efficiency. Approved vendors and contractors will be considered in this decision-making process.
- Successfully directs tasks from start to finish involving multiple departments, 3PL's, and vendors.
- Evaluates systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed. Assesses building systems to plan work assignments.
- Ability to effectively perform e-mail communication
- Ability to drive Powered Industrial Trucks inclusive of people movers and forklifts
- Clearly and concisely describe complex issues to others to provide context for needed repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance task using tools and equipment
- Assess and resolve a wide array of maintenance issues on-site requiring: electrical knowledge, lighting both interior and exterior, maintain all rack and guard railing, plumbing, welding, carpentry, Pneumatic Systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 year of maintenance experience required.
- Critical to the long-term success of WSI by ensuring equipment availability to support customer needs.
- Promotes and conducts good housekeeping practices
- Establishes and recommends changes to equipment or processes which affect other team members or efficiency of equipment
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: