Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Upholsterer pulls next piece available in line-all supplies, cushions and backs are already with the piece
- Conduct initial inspection to assure cover matches ticket on piece, including cushions and backs
- Prior to placing piece on lift, re-check to assure all parts in piece are correct. Place piece on lift.
- Assure that grain runs straight, no lumps, holes or cat tracks
- Fit cushions to the in-back and in-arm making sure there is no gap between cushions
- Assure that seams are straight, even and not gapped open and all welts are straight and even
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer job screen
- Minimum 10 years of experience of high end upholstery – his or her tailoring will reflect it in the finished product Good attention to detail and ability to work with hands
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
- Attitude – must have a “can do “attitude / outlook
- Ability to upholster the whole job and the willingness to do so when needed (must be able to Inside and trim)
- Demonstrate ability to build all styles and types of upholstery with excellent tailoring – example: Plaids / stripes / leather / button tuft / pre-tuft / sofas / love seats / chairs / wing chairs / diners /sectionals / pleated arms / sock arms / track arms / roll arms / motion etc.
- Ability to articulate their skill set to others while training them to upholster
- Productivity and Quality – Sets the bar / pace for others (number of pcs that are returned and tailoring of completed product / pieces per day -top producers)
- Personifies team player and puts the team before his or her self – example build harder styles and still hit their pieces for day while letting others hone their skills on easier product till they get up to speed.
- Knowledge and skill of all operations / processes of upholstery
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Displays a commitment to work in and maintain a safe work environment
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing approximately 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for 10-hour periods and bend and twist as required to upholster furniture
- Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.