|Title:||Lead Positions (Weekends)|
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing assigned lead duties. The Lead Person will ensure that lines or daily departmental goals are met and assists Supervisor or Operations’ Management with leading, guiding, and directing a group of associates while meeting Sutter Street Mfg. objectives in safety, service, quality, and cost.
· Identify production issues quickly and ensure the consistent workflow and control of the lines or department, and adjusting as needed to prioritize and support production goals and deadlines
· Monitor and maintain all general supplies for the line or department, ensure all needed items are available and stocked in the appropriate place(s), e.g. staples, denim, tach strips, glue, etc. and working with and through the supply person, obtain main components needed to keep department running at all times, goal being not to have associates standing waiting on work, ever.
· Assist Supervisors or other management with assessing performance issues and provide needed direction or training of associates to ensure associates are performing daily tasks promptly and with high standards, to achieve departmental and facility quality and production goals. At times SOP’s may be required to execute accurate and timely performance of processes.
· Identify performance gaps, fill in where and as needed to help balance lines or the product flow as well as cover absences on the lines or within the department
· Exhibit conduct and behaviors that promote positive engagement and compliance while performing department tasks safely, correctly, and quickly; demonstrating integrity and acting in a responsible and accountable manner.
· Establish and exhibit work ethics that mirror those of the Supervisor and Management and in a “teamwork” promoted collaboration with associates.
· Exhibit and demonstrate knowledge and execution of Williams Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values in all daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
· Solicit opinions of associates or lines on all issues affecting the work area or departmental operations to maximize productivity and to meet quality goals and objectives.
· Share appropriate communication or approved business information with associates through floor presence, direct communication channels or in conjunction with supervision or management.
· Promote safety awareness through personal demonstration and compliance with all safety processes/procedures to cultivate the safety culture throughout the company
· Maintain and ensure the production area is clean and safe. Respond immediately to behaviors or unsafe environments
· Work cooperatively and harmoniously with supervisor, co-workers, and all other
· As directed by Supervisor, track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to associates, peers, supervision and manager
· Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires.
· Willingness to be a part of a team performing other duties as necessary
· Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks as assigned by supervision and management
· 1-3 years of experience in an upholstery manufacturing environment preferred; previous lead or supervisory role is preferred
· Basic Microsoft Office Suite product knowledge
· Good math and reading skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrate problem Solving Skills
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively leading a group of associates
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining supportive and focused
· Have a strong sense of urgency and time management to execute against established deadlines/goals