|Title:||Sutter South - Supervisor|
|Shift::||4 x 10 Monday-Thursday|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and the key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online, and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers, and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
With minimal supervision and by exercising independent judgment, supports General Operations Manager by managing and coaching a team of associates to meet departmental goals in Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost.
- Understand and convey Key Performance Indicators (KPI), as well as understanding the downstream consequences of missed KPIs
- Provide onboarding and on the job training to associates
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma's Mission, Vision, and Values to lead daily activities, including managing a team of associates on daily activities
- Use Microsoft Office programs to create reports, analyze and generate communications to management
- Support the Operations Manager with determining staffing levels for departmental functions
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence and effective verbal and written communication
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company. Ensure the maintaining of a clean and safe work environment; communicate safety topics and conduct safety audits
- Ensure availability of materials (supplies) and resources to all associates in the team, so that they can perform their duties with maximum efficiency and minimal downtime
- Control and maintain steady workflow on the floor by ensuring all functions within the department are staffed with adequate headcount - partner with Operations Manager and assign and transfer associates around by skillset to balance the flow if necessary
- Ensure downtime issues including systematic and mechanical are addressed as soon as they arise through the correct channels
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality-related performance to associates, peers and Operations Managers by using departmental resources
- Assist with time and attendance relating to assigned cell and enter accordingly into Kronos or attendance cards
- Adopt and endorse continuous improvement concepts where applicable
- Assist in root cause analysis on issues pertaining to safety, service, quality, cost
- Understand how to identify and build peer talent
- Coach and issue corrective action to associates as necessary, and provide associates with annual and mid-year reviews
- Develop and implement solutions to address workflow and efficiency issues, basic time studies and line balancing
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic Inventory control principals
- Coordinate projects and associated timelines
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. regularly occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Service Mindset
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Interact harmoniously with associates at all levels of the company
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Systems savviness, with proven experience interacting with relevant systems and adopting a data-driven approach
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead from the frontlines and be hands-on (job has very little desk time)
- Some college from an accredited institution or an Associate Degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in high volume distribution or manufacturing environment
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.