|Title:||Weekend Operations Manager - Manufacturing|
|Shift::||Friday - Sunday|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Tupelo, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Weekend Operations Manager will manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations to achieve service and productivity goals that meet or exceed Sutter Street’s quality and performance standards in a timely manner. Provide solid leadership, coaching, direction, and resources to build a team capable of executing and delivering service and cost for both tactical and strategic initiatives. Experience in a fast paced, dynamic furniture manufacturing environment is required.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a people centered focus in all decisions and actions.
- Have a strong internal and external customer commitment.
- Consistency and reliability in distribution processes.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels to work cross organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus building skills.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost control, service, inventory accuracy, housekeeping and safety
- Responsible for achieving efficiency and production objectives consistently with quality requirements meet or exceeded.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to develop, monitor and achieves financial plans and budgets.
- Manage projects to aggressive time and dollar constraints.
- Operate in a manner that ensures peak productivity and corporate profitability.
- Manage and develop systems, processes, and procedures to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Always enforce and adhere to the policies of WSI.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- 5 -8 years’ experience in upholstered furniture manufacturing environment with a progressive track record of increasing responsibility in distribution, logistics or manufacturing environment.
- Proven proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, etc., Kronos).
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels Key Attributes:
- Coaching skills/developmental planning skills.
- Detailed knowledge of distribution and manufacturing operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of distribution and manufacturing principles, practices, and methods.
- Budgeting and financial knowledge and skills.
- Disciplined leadership style and approach.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate influential leadership skills.
We prefer some of these qualities…
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- 6+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits