|Title:||Personalization Tech Specialist-Softlines|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The PZ Tech Specialist-Softline position Is located in Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible for all technical support functions of the personalization department for both hard and Softline processes. Including implementation, training, and maintaining all personalization processing techniques which currently includes embroidery, engraving, laser engraving, sandblast, hand paint, vinyl lettering, debossing, and pad printing. The incumbent will need to establish themselves as the subject matter expert for all personalization techniques to service our internal corporate partners effectively.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Manage all aspects of Automatic Lettering System (ALS)
- Build product templates that allow PZ machinery to process personalization through ALS system
- Test and validate personalization technique quality.
- Communicate on a regular basis between WS IT, PZ management and ALS vendor for problem solving
- Work directly with Brand merchants to create new fonts used in normal processing channels
- Review and manage all aspects of the sample process to ensure best “PZ” practices and production rates
- Communicate and document sample specifications
- Establish production run times and processing support needs
- Supports PZ operations with ALS reporting tools required to run business effectively
- Organize and schedule routine maintenance
- Research and test new machinery
- Sample, test and deliver corporate/business sales logo samples to WS Corporate sales team
- Manage order timeline for sampling, customer approval and order processing
- Works harmoniously and cooperatively with peers and subordinates
- Other duties as may be assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Associates Degree from a two-year college or technical school in Graphic Arts or Networking or another related field
- 1 – 3 years IT or Graphic arts experience; preferably in digitizing, embroidery, and hardlines customizations
- 1 – 2 years knowledge of CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Access
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com