|Location:||City of Industry, CA|
About Williams Sonoma DC - City of Industry
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
The Operations Manager position is located in City of Industry, California.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Lead, guide, and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements
- Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments, people utilization, damages; provide periodic reports to multiple tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate communication
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Directing and ensuring top service for internal/external customers
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met
- Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution center and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules
- Achieving financial plans and budget objectives
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 3 - 5 years of relevant distribution or manufacturing management/leadership experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Must be highly organized and process oriented; Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
We prefer some of these qualities as well…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- 6+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Associate must be able to move, lift or carry heavy objects or materials up to 50-100 pounds.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits