Distribution Center Lead - Weekend Shift
|Title:||Distribution Center Lead - Weekend Shift|
Williams-Sonoma Inc.'s Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company. Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. We also own and operate a growing manufacturing base right here in the United States, proudly producing nearly all of the upholstered furniture and much of the lighting sold through our brands. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you are an expert in global logistics, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery and have a passion for quality and customer service, our Supply Chain Organization may just be the place for you.
Our Braselton, GA distribution center opened April 2016 and services the South Eastern Region. The majority of product handled in Georgia is furniture from all of our brands. PEOPLE FIRST We believe that our Company has no limit and is driven by our associates and their imaginations. We are committed to an environment that attracts, motivates and recognizes high performance.
Working across multiple departments leading associates to complete tasks assigned by Operations Manager. Ensuring tasks and goals are completed, working with other departments to ensure proper hand off, managing metrics for high quality customer service are just some of the tasks that will need to be performed on a daily basis.
With minimal supervision, supports Operations Manager/GM with leading a group of IB, OB, picking and putaway associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost. Share business information through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques. Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience. Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met. Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction
- Ability to clearly communicate in a group and private setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Comfortable elevating on an order picker 5 stories up
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Basic knowledge of Receiving, Replenishment, Picking, Shipping, Inventory Control, Profiling, and Waving
- Certified to operate an Order Picker, Reach Truck (Raymond Brand)
- Have working knowledge of Excel, PKMS, RF scanners , and AS400.
- Ability to multi task and be extremely detailed on all written and verbal communications/documentation.
- Knowledge of basic math (addition and subtraction)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team- performing whatever duties are necessary
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedules
- Heavy lifting up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: