|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
You'll be excited about this opportunity because...
- Repairing and improvements to automation, MHE, building and infrastructure
- Ability to use a CMMS (work order) system
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, written, and in e-mail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Safety minded
- Ability to problem solve/ troubleshoot and understand resources to accomplish tasks
- Capable of gathering needed materials to complete repairs/work orders
- Accurately track and store the departments inventory of spare parts, tools, and equipment
- Supporting continuous improvement within all departments
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (24 hour by 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Ability to drive (PID) Powered Industrial Trucks inclusive of people movers and forklifts.
- Will be required to take WSI certification and pass
- Assess and resolve a wide array of maintenance issues on-site
- Material Handling systems
- Robotics systems
- Electrical knowledge including controls
- Lighting both interior and exterior
- Maintain all rack and guard railing
- Pneumatic systems
- Perform preventative maintenance task using tools and equipment
- Assists Facilities Maintenance Technicians repairing and maintaining Facilities
- Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
- Understanding of how equipment, machines, and systems work and the ways to keep them running efficiently
- Keen eye and attention to detail to identify small issues within the large system
- Having the skills to be organized and prioritize the tasks in alignment with company goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
Note: This job description reflects essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the number or types of tasks that may be assigned or reassigned during the conduct of business
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience working in maintenance Supporting Material Handling Systems and Facilities Building Maintenance
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Trade School or equivalent preferred
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to grasp, bend and lift.
- Ability to work at heights and unusual position.
- Able to safely operate all hand tools.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to operate powered industrial equipment including forklifts, pallet-jacks, and handcarts.
- Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment – often while working in uncomfortable positions
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com