Truck Driver – Co Driver
|Title:||Truck Driver – Co Driver |
Extraordinary local home-delivery and customer relations driver position. Position involves local trips with a load of furniture and accessories that must be unloaded at a customer’s home, office or other designated location. Backhauls consist primarily of customer returns and scheduled pickups of furniture. This position is non-traditional since drivers play a critical role for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Primarily serve as a driver/delivery assistant on delivery routes.
- Operating and driving a straight-truck
- Unloading furniture at customer’s designated location; e.g. home, office, upstairs, downstairs.
- Walking forward and backward
- Completely assembling furniture as required; e.g. placing mirror brackets, bed slats, bed center support legs, hanging wall mirrors (within company safety and liability guidelines)
- Using effective communication skills and a professional demeanor with customers
- Performing minor repairs of furniture during unloading process or in customer’s home
- Inspecting vehicle for safe performance
- Conducting inventory of tools, supplies, equipment and repair kits
- Preparing required documentation; driver logs, delivery receipts and comments
- Marking rejected furniture with tape indicating problem areas
- Unloading returns and pickups each morning prior to loading new delivery items.
- Submitting all delivery documents and vehicle inspections sheet along with explanations of returned items.
- Clocking in and out each day in payroll system
- Providing information concerning trip feedback and problems requiring corrective actions
- Considering regulatory, health and safety needs of self and team mate during trip
- Projecting company image,” Red Carpet and White Glove Service”
- Mandatory overnight stays, often weekly, for 2 or more consecutive days
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Completion of driver training program or one year equivalent experience
- Previous experience with furniture or household goods desirable, will train
- Understanding of proper lifting techniques desirable, will train
- Experience driving a 26’ box truck or CDL “B” or “A” preferred
- Good driving record
- Good knowledge of highways, map reading, sense of direction
- Basic math skills, addition and subtraction are required for record keeping purposes, general and DOT.
- Good communication skills and friendly, professional manner
- Minimum age 21 years
- Honesty and pride in workmanship
- Ability to lift heavy, in excess of 500 pounds, furniture effectively with partner
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: