|Title:||Merch Processor (Material Handler)|
|Date Posted:||Aug 15, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Nicholas Powers|
|Shift:||1st; Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
Working with Hub operations management, leads, and team to ensure accurate receipt, audit, record keeping, training and inventory integrity throughout the receiving, picking, and put-away process.
The Merch Processor position is located in Taunton, MA
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Utilize HubM system for putaway and picking transactions
- Effectively utilize MHE to complete receiving and picking functions
- Conduct dock searches for cartons as needed
- Must be able to systemically account for all cartons that are moved in assigned areas
- Work with lead to prioritize any hot orders
- Physically and systemically load/unload trailers using RF equipment
- PKMS receiving and labeling of inbound product, including verification of OS&D's versus inbound paperwork for shipments
- Daily put away duties to include putting away of product on all types of MHE and loading of product to trailers as needed
- Picking and putaway of product from crossdock trailers and racks
- Verify product is on correct lanes
- Inspect all merchandise for damages and count discrepancies
- Safely and efficiently operate material handling tools and equipment
- Keep work area safe, organized and clean according to general warehousing practices and OSHA requirements daily
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities while maintaining required accuracy percentages, productivity (if required), and quality standards
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary
- Job requires continuous physical exertion – walking, bending, lifting, standing, climbing – must be able to lift 65 pounds minimum with or without accommodation
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks
- Ability to do basic math – addition, multiplication, subtraction and division
- Ability to learn warehouse management system functions (PKMS)
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner
- Flexible to work overtime as required
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Bilingual is a plus – English/Spanish
- Experience with material handling equipment a plus
- Familiar with RF Handheld Scanner preferred
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.