|Title:||Maintenance Conveyor Tech|
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing machinery & equipment to promote maximum uptime, operational efficiency, and long-term upkeep of the Distribution Center. Major responsibilities of this position are: trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, dismantle, lubrication and overhaul of machinery and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and repair material handling systems as needed (Includes gears, chains, pulleys, belts, electric gear motors, rollers, controls, etc.)
- Maintain and repair sorter systems as needed (includes laser scanners, computer and electronics)
- Understand system flow, start, stop and un-jam sequence. Check zones, belt tracking, photo eyes, etc.
- Upkeep lighting, office fixtures, painting, plumbing, racking and structural improvements to the building
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Documented 3-5 years working as a proficient maintenance technician, in a similar environment
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices
- Ability to read technical manuals
- Ability to reach upwards, downwards and sideways to work with a small part in equipment
- Ability to bend, crouch, twist, crawl as needed to access and repair equipment
- Ability to walk and stand on feet for several hours at a time
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.