|Title:||Sutter South Receiving Supervisor|
|Shift:||4 X 10, Monday through Thursday (OT on as need basis)|
About Williams Sonoma - Booneville, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
With minimal supervision and by exercising independent judgment, supports Operations Management by managing and coaching a team of associates to meet departmental goals in Safety, Quality, Production, Service, and Cost. The primary area of focus for this position is the supervision of the receiving department.
The Receiving Supervisor position is located in Booneville, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- The selected candidate will utilize Williams-Sonoma's Mission, Vision, and Values to lead daily activities, including managing a team of associates on daily activities to understand, convey, and achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI), as well as understanding the downstream consequences of missed KPIs.
- As department supervisor the associate will be responsibility for providing onboarding and on the job training to associates and support the General Operations Manager with determining staffing levels for departmental functions. The supervisor will also partner with the General Operations Manager and assign associates within the department by skillset to balance the flow if necessary.
- The associate will be expected to use Microsoft Office programs to create reports, analyze and generate communications to management and share business information with teammates through floor presence and effective verbal and written communication to ensure downtime issues including systematic and mechanical are addressed as soon as they arise through the correct channels.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company. Ensure the maintaining of a clean and safe work environment; communicate safety topics and conduct safety audits.
- Ensures availability of materials (supplies) and resources to all associates in the team, so that they can perform their duties with maximum efficiency and minimal downtime. The supervisor will control and maintain steady workflow on the floor by ensuring all functions within the department are properly supplied with adequate tools and supplied to successfully complete the assigned tasks.
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to associates, peers and Operations Leadership by using departmental resources.
- The supervisor will be expected to adopt and endorse continuous improvement concepts where applicable
- Assist in root cause analysis on issues pertaining to safety, service, quality, cost
- Understand how to identify and build peer talent by coaching and issuing corrective action to associates as necessary, and provide feedback for the associates’ weekly, annual, and mid-year evaluations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic Inventory control principals and coordinate projects and associated timelines.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent ( H, S, D, and E All Uppercase)
- At least 2 years of experience in warehouse receiving operations of upholstered furniture
- Confirmable PIT experience and the willingness to achieve PIT certification
- Systems savviness, with proven experience interacting with relevant systems and adopting a data-driven approach
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confirmable management or floor leadership experience with ability to lead from the front lines and be hands on (job has very little desk time)
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Continuing education from an accredited institution or an Associate Degree
- 5 years confirmable management or floor leadership experience in high volume distribution or manufacturing environment
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly occasionally up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time up to 10 hours shift.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
Equal Opportunity Employer