As a furniture manufacturing Industrial Engineer, you will assure highest quality, least costly manufacturing processes. You will perform a wide variety of engineering assignments in work measurement for the establishment of standards and improved flow. Work with cross-functional teams at multiple levels inside and outside our organization to implement improvements. Establish and maintain a working list of projects including priority based on fiscal impact. Establish a standardize schedule for updating of department projects with supply chain/stores team. Under direction of more senior engineers, design, develop, install, and document new and/or existing processes, equipment, and tooling. Ensure performance (business, profit, and manufacturing) to specification. Conduct cost reduction activities to determine material, labor, and overhead costs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Plan, conduct, and/or direct research and/or development work on complex projects requiring the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- Recommend changes in procedures, design or equipment where necessary.
- Schedule projects to meet completion dates and technical specifications and review progress with management.
- Works effectively with the procurement analyst on a variety of projects and initiatives to reduce cost and generate savings.
- Develop, lead, and facilitate organizational improvement initiatives such as 5S, Lean, or standardized work practices
- Coordinate and complete mandatory compliance reporting (EPA/OSHA/etc.)
- Facilitate and coordinate day-to-day operation of production floor including purchasing of products or other tasks as required to maintain production
- Identify optimum shipping methodology for cost and product protection
- Other tasks as assigned by Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or technically related field required
- 7 years of Furniture Manufacturing Product Engineering experience
- Minimum 3-5 years Industrial Engineering experience in a fast pace furniture manufacturing environment required
Minimum of 1-year labor management experience
Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Projects, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
Project Management experience preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Quality Management experience
Process Management experience