|Title:||Business Intelligence Developer|
|Date Posted:||Jul 27, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Yu Han|
|Department:||9738 - CMO EB Fulfillment - OB|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Exempt|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma DC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Business Intelligence Developer position is in Olive Branch, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Build and maintain Qlikview dashboards and reports to interface with business end users. These reports would be used cross-functionally throughout the organization to help business owners make better informed decisions ultimately enhancing the global supply chain value
- Examine current BI dashboards, make diagnoses, and continually improve and build and maintain current Qlikview eco-system and help fix and enhance existing reports & dashboards
- Identify data sources based on requests from internal customers and design BI tools to help end users best synthesize data and make optimal business decisions
- Extracting/mining large volumes of data using complex optimized SQL queries from multiple decentralized systems driven by business requirements
- Building user friendly - interactive reports and dashboards using insights obtained from the analyses
- Providing continuous support to existing business intelligence dashboards and ad hoc reports (Qlikview eco-system); taking necessary actions to make the framework agile and robust
- Providing insights from data flow perspective to drive future development projects
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information System
- At least 1 years of experience in relevant warehousing experience
- Proven track record in developing BI tools including creating interactive applications, dashboards, and reports for business end users
- Experience in WebApp development/programming
- Strong knowledge of Qlikview (or other BI tools), Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL
- Ability to identify and work within a multitude of data sources with the additional ability to structure data validation to ensure data integrity
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little supervision
- Ability to work with internal customers and communicate business requirements
We prefer some of these qualities as well…
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information System
- At least 3-5 years of experience in warehousing, industrial or manufacturing environment
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com