|Title:||Human Resources Specialist|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
The HR Specialist will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to daily operations of human resources to internal and external customers in a distribution center environment. This position will focus on supporting non-exempt recruiting, onboarding and other HR administrative duties including fielding associate questions regarding LOA and Worker's Comp. In addition, this position will support the administration, coordination and application of WSl's human resources policies and procedures. This position will also collaborate with associates to resolve, refer or escalate issues in accordance with WSl's guidelines. The successful candidate will have strong recruiting skills and experience with DOT regulations from a human resources perspective. Understanding of Federal and State Employment laws and regulations is also key to success in this role.
- Assist in all aspects of recruiting to include screening, job offers, on boarding of new hires, pay changes and status changes.
- Assist with recruiting, tracking, reporting and other HR administrative functions.
- Maintain recruiting fill logs and applicant tracking. Assist with payroll and benefits issues and escalate as necessary.
- Create and generate HR reports as directed by the Sr HR Manager.
- Assists in special projects such as audits, reports and associate event coordination.
- Function as an associate resource by providing answers for day to day associate inquiries on WSl's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- High school diploma or equivalency is required; Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred.
- 2-3 years Human Resources experience is required, including experience with HR Information Systems. Oracle experience is a great "nice to have." Three years of highly proficient experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Must be detailed oriented, well organized, and demonstrate excellent follow through skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports to assist operations.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed (peak season).
- Possess a strong desire to learn and develop your human resources skillset.