|Title:||Human Resources Administrative Assistant|
About Williams Sonoma DC – Sutter Street Manufacturing, Claremont NC
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC, MS and CA are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team!
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant position is located in Claremont, NC.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Be responsible for file maintenance to include organizing and filing documents promptly and correctly, creating employee files, and regular self-audits to ensure files are accurate and complete per Williams-Sonoma SOP.
- Triage incoming associates and personnel into the HR department by assessing their needs and offering a solution or directing them to the correct HR member.
- Act as Liaison between HR Payroll Specialist and associates and/or management with inquiries regarding payroll discrepancies, pay, hours, overtime, retro and available benefit time
- Act as Liaison between HR Recruiting Specialist and associates and/or management with inquiries regarding recruiting to include in-person and over the phone conversations
- Assist with clerical tasks to include but not limited to: updating recruiting reports in excel, assisting with KRONOS and Payroll, phone screening candidates, coordinating interviews, completing offer paperwork, orientation, I-9 verification, benefit administration, and filing documents.
- Assist associates with changes for direct deposit, tax withholding allowances, address, phone number, etc.
- Assist HR members with maintaining logs and records related to employees, medical files, workers comp, recruiting, payroll/bonuses, and COVID-19
- Navigate and understand Oracle to answer employee questions
- Maintains bulletin boards with current legal notices, company information, associate relations events, and other news related to associates
- Assist with compliance with all local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
- Duties and tasks as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Complete assigned projects independently and work well within a team environment
- Ability to manage confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Able to think critically and problem-solve
- The tact and diplomacy required to work with a variety of people (associates, executives, job candidates) in situations that may be stressful and/or involve personal circumstances
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms including the ability to explain HR processes, policies, and benefits
- Ability to build and maintain productive and influential relationships required to be successful in a high-speed, cross-functional environment
- Technological acumen required to set-up and manage spreadsheets and track basic HR metrics such as Kronos exception reports
- Must be comfortable and familiar with basic Excel functions and apply strategically
- Capability to utilize technology tools including document preparation, spreadsheet development and maintenance, internet research, and WSI HR applications (Oracle, ATS, KRONOS, etc).
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field with 1-3 years of experience in HR or administrative functions
- Bilingual Preferred – English/Spanish