|Title:||Bilingual Human Resources Administrative Assistant|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Allison Hall|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma Supply Chain - Claremont NC & Conover, NC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams - Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC, MS and CA are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team! The ideal associate will possess previous furniture manufacturing experience, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. We are also willing to train motivated individuals looking to learn a trade that will lead to a satisfying and profitable career in home furnishings manufacturing and distribution.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Bilingual Human Resources Administrative Assistant position is located in Claremont, NC.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Be responsible for file maintenance to include organizing and filing documents promptly and correctly, creating employee files, and regular self-audits to ensure files are accurate and complete per Williams-Sonoma SOP.
- Triage incoming associates and personnel into the HR department by assessing their needs and offering a solution or directing them to the correct HR member.
- Act as Liaison between HR Payroll Specialist and associates and/or management with inquiries regarding payroll discrepancies, pay, hours, overtime, retro and available benefit time
- Act as Liaison between HR Recruiting Specialist and associates and/or management with inquiries regarding recruiting to include in-person and over the phone conversations
- Assist with clerical tasks to include but not limited to: updating recruiting reports in excel, assisting with KRONOS and Payroll, phone screening candidates, coordinating interviews, completing offer paperwork, orientation, I-9 verification, benefit administration, and filing documents.
- Assist associates with changes for direct deposit, tax withholding allowances, address, phone number, etc.
- Assist HR members with maintaining logs and records related to employees, medical files, workers comp, recruiting, payroll/bonuses, and COVID-19
- Navigate and understand Oracle to answer employee questions
- Maintains bulletin boards with current legal notices, company information, associate relations events, and other news related to associates
- Assist with compliance with all local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
- Duties and tasks as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in HR or administrative functions
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Complete assigned projects independently and work well within a team environment
- Ability to manage confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Able to think critically and problem-solve
- The tact and diplomacy required to work with a variety of people (associates, executives, job candidates) in situations that may be stressful and/or involve personal circumstances
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms including the ability to explain HR processes, policies, and benefits
- Ability to build and maintain productive and influential relationships required to be successful in a high-speed, cross-functional environment
- Technological acumen required to set-up and manage spreadsheets and track basic HR metrics such as Kronos exception reports
- Must be comfortable and familiar with basic Excel functions and apply strategically
- Capability to utilize technology tools including document preparation, spreadsheet development and maintenance, internet research, and WSI HR applications (Oracle, ATS, KRONOS, etc).
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Bilingual Preferred – English/Spanish
- Associates Degree in HR or related field
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com