Arlington, TX Distribution Center
Full-Time Inventory Associate
Monday – Friday; 4pm – 12:30am
Our full-time associates enjoy the following benefits:
- Starting wage - $14.00+
- Growth / Promotional Opportunities
- Full Health Benefits
- Casual Dress Environment
- 40% discount on most merchandise
- Complimentary Onsite Fitness Center
- Fun contests / reward and recognition programs
Position summary: To perform cycle counts on 2nd shift. Associate responsible for helping to maintain inventory accuracy throughout the building in both Primary and Reserve locations. Maintain inventory related reports per company guidelines. Provide inventory related experience and knowledge support to other departments throughout the company. Analyze inventory related errors, provide feedback, develop root cause and associated actions to correct problems identified.
- Process damaged SKU’s, work with Transitional, SKU look up, location moves, pick merchandise if needed.
- Research inventory variances, problem SKU’s and research SKU’s on lock code report
- Utilize warehouse information system to split and/or move cases along with other duties assigned.
- Perform cycle counts on Primary and Reserve locations
- Investigate cycle count and other inventory related errors and provide feedback to warehouse daily
- Perform Free Space audits, location audits, dock audits and drop zone audits
- Provide support to other departments on Inventory Related issues
- Support training for both the Sample and Physical Inventory process
- Work with corporate on SKU number and quantity discrepancies when needed
- Perform audits of operational processes and locations
- Create and work with spreadsheets for audits
- Train others on daily work assignments when needed
- Must have good attendance and be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds throughout the shift
- Ability to stand and/or walk consistently throughout the day
- Ability to operate various types of forklifts at heights up to 45 feet
- Must be certified or willing to get certified on reach truck, order picker, and pacers
- Ability to operate RF scanner where needed
- Basic knowledge of Receiving, Replenishment, Picking, Shipping, Inventory Control, Profiling, and Waving
- Analytical ability to solve problems and develop root cause
- Have working knowledge of PKMS and AS400 or equivalent warehouse management systems.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task within the inventory control department
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must work harmoniously with the team
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.