|Title:||Lead Delivery Driver (Furniture Delivery)|
|Date Posted:||Dec 20, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Chris Fleming|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma – Braselton, GA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Lead Delivery Driver position is located in Olive Branch, MS
You'll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Operating and driving a straight truck
- Projecting company image,” White Glove Service”
- Unloading furniture at customer’s designated location, e.g., home, office, upstairs, downstairs.
- Completely assembling furniture as required, e.g., placing mirror brackets, bed slats, bed center support legs, hanging wall mirrors (within company safety and liability guidelines)
- Using effective communication skills and a professional demeanor with customers
- Performing minor repairs of furniture during unloading process or in customer’s home
- Inspecting vehicle for safe performance
- Conducting inventory of tools, supplies, equipment, and repair kits
- Preparing required documentation; driver logs, delivery receipts and comments
- Unloading returns and pickups each morning prior to loading new delivery items.
- Submitting all delivery documents and vehicle inspections sheet along with explanations of returned items.
- Providing information concerning trip feedback and problems requiring corrective actions
- Train others on daily work assignments when needed
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of driver training program or one-year equivalent experience
- Previous experience with furniture or household goods desirable, will train
- Understanding of proper lifting techniques desirable, will train
- Experience driving a 26’ box truck or CDL “B” or “A” preferred
- Good driving record
- Good knowledge of highways, map reading, sense of direction
- Good communication skills and friendly, professional manner
- Minimum age 21 years
- Honesty and pride in workmanship
- Ability to lift heavy furniture effectively with partner
- Must have good attendance and be a team player
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: