1st Shift Merch Processor ( Fabric Receiving)
|Title:||1st Shift Merch Processor ( Fabric Receiving)|
The primary function of this position is to receive, inspect and properly handle fabric.
- Receive all fabric.
- Check to insure correct fabric has been received.
- Check color dye lot to see it fits into an acceptable color range; if acceptable but with slight visual differences, consult with management to determine how to handle.
- Inspect fabric for any defects, including width. If acceptable, input fabric into facility computer system
- Tag fabric roll with fabric roll number and place into correct fabric bins
- As cutters need fabric, pull correct roll, check it to the correct cutter and place on cutter’s table. When cutter if finished with fabric roll, bring remaining roll back across computer scales and into bin. If roll is used up, zero the roll off the computer system.
- Up to 3 years experience in Fabric Receiving/Inspection area with specific experience in upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
- Experience using computers for tracking and updating kit location for customer service
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift rolls weighing approximately 100 lbs or more
- Ability to bend and twist
- Good vision with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to see patterns on fabric, good color distinction ability