|Shift::||Day Shift: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm and Weekend Shift: Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm|
About Williams Sonoma DC – Sutter Street Manufacturing, Claremont NC
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC, MS and CA are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team! The ideal associate will possess previous furniture manufacturing experience, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. We are also willing to train motivated individuals looking to learn a trade that will lead to a satisfying and profitable career in home furnishings manufacturing and distribution.
The Inside Upholsterer position is located in Claremont, NC. This position is responsible for building furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Pull next piece available in line-all supplies, cushions and backs are already with the piece.
- Conduct initial inspection to assure cover matches ticket on piece, including cushions and backs.
- Prior to placing piece on lift, re-check to assure all parts in piece are correct. Place piece on lift.
- Assure that grain runs straight, no lumps, holes, or cat tracks
- Fit cushions to the in-back and in-arm making sure there is no gap between cushions
- Assure that seams are straight, even, and not gapped open and all welts are straight and even.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer job screen.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Up to 5 years of experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture.
- Good attention to detail and ability to work with hands.
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets.
- Ability to interpret simple upholstery instructions commonly placed in an upholstery manual.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Good communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 10-hour periods and bend and twist as required to upholster furniture.
- Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits