|Title:||Manager of Purchasing|
About Williams Sonoma DC – Sutter Street Manufacturing, Claremont NC
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC, MS and CA are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team! The ideal associate will possess previous furniture manufacturing experience, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. We are also willing to train motivated individuals looking to learn a trade that will lead to a satisfying and profitable career in home furnishings manufacturing and distribution.
- The Manager of Purchasing position is located in Claremont, NC. This position is responsible for purchasing, scheduling, and inventory control of all raw materials for a multi-plant manufacturing environment.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Facilitate process of selection and certification of suppliers and procurement of raw materials, components, and/or MRO supplies for upholstery manufacturing. Develops and maintains supplier scorecards to drive performance.
- Source backup suppliers to offset potential delivery, capacity, quality, and costing issues with primary suppliers
- Train suppliers in the use of all materials management software.
- Investigate and resolve supplier quality issues, delivery, and packaging methods that impact on time delivery or inventory turns by facilitating communication between Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Product Development and Purchasing.
- Set up Sku's and work closely with Product Development team on costing. Work closely with Director of Manufacturing to ensure that production schedule is met. Match PO's to receivers and post to AX system.
- Responsible for all costing of new products. Work closely with Product Development to track and complete all costing and sourcing of new products introduced. Complete all Bills of Materials information and maintain AX system with pricing updates, raw materials changes, and labor adjustments.
- Support Director of Manufacturing with product specifications on new frame development (pricing, vendor selection, etc.).
- Support Controller with month-end close, inventory control, etc.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of upholstery manufacturing, sourcing, and purchasing.
- Knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) system.
- Knowledge of raw material sourcing, supplier certification, and product quality assurance.
- Material Management software programs.
- Broad technical view and understanding of the purchasing process.
- Strong relationship skills-internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills-verbal and written.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits