|Shift::||Weekend (Fri - Sun)|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
The HR Specialist will be responsible for providing comprehensive Human Resources support to the internal and external customers in a distribution center environment. This position will work a Friday - Sunday schedule with a focus on on supporting associate relations activities, Oracle HRIS administration, onboarding and other HR administrative duties including fielding associate questions regarding LOA and Worker's Comp. In addition, this position will support the administration, coordination and application of Williams-Sonoma’s human resources policies and procedures. This position will also collaborate with associates to resolve, refer or escalate issues in accordance with Williams-Sonoma guidelines. Understanding of Federal and State Employment laws and regulations is also key to success in this role.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the daily operations of human resources to internal and external customers
- Assist with recruiting support duties including preemployment screens, offer letter generation other HR administrative functions.
- Oracle HRIS administration, report generation and utilization to create and maintain HR reports and HR metric data.
- Process DOT paperwork for hiring and maintenance of DOT records for DOT regulated positions.
- Supports Onboarding and new hire responsibilities.
- Partners with Corporate Workers Compensation at the local level to provide WC support as needed.
- Assists in special projects such as audits, reports and associate event coordination.
- Function as an associate resource by providing answers for day to day associate inquiries on Williams-Sonoma’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Must be willing to work a weekend, Friday - Sunday schedule.
- High school diploma or equivalency is required; Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred.
- 2-3 years Human Resources experience is required, including experience with HR Information Systems. Oracle experience is a great "nice to have." Three years of highly proficient experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Must be detailed oriented, well organized, and demonstrate excellent follow through skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed (peak season).
- Possess a strong desire to learn and develop your human resources skillset.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.