|Title:||Senior Technical Supply Chain Manager|
|Date Posted:||Aug 2, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Himanshu Bhardwaj|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Exempt|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Senior Technical Supply Chain Manager position is in Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible for planning projects, improving processes and analyzing complex warehousing data. The goal for this position is to align distribution center’s operations activities with WSI’s supply chain strategy with an eye to serve the customer in the best possible fashion.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Lead a team that would be tasked with identifying process gaps and recommend and implement solutions, analyzing and interpreting large number of datasets to identify current and future trends and discovering new solutions to supply chain and warehousing problems.
- Develop a team of associates who would manage and maintain the Profiling department responsible for SKU slotting, keeping the market basket SKUs together, and re-profiling the distribution center based on seasonal SKU demand patterns.
- Manage cross-functional projects involving Information Technology, Engineering, Operations, and Merchandising teams to allow for integrated supply chain decision making and operational management.
- Improve current warehousing processes by following Six Sigma and Lean methodology, thus improving efficiencies, and optimizing the distribution center’s capacity.
- Help build executive dashboards and reporting tools using SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel and Business Intelligence tools like Qlikview, Microstrategy etc. to help make sense of complex supply chain & warehousing data.
- Partner with software vendors, including Warehouse Management System and Warehouse Execution System to work on system changes, issues, and resolutions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Cartonization and 3-D Cubing functions to reduce supply chain logistics cost, increase fulfillment accuracy, and improve customer & parcel compliance.
- Coach and Train various Operations teams during the roll-out and implementation of new processes and system enhancements & modifications.
- Support warehousing operations during seasonal peaks and whenever there is a need.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, or other related fields
- At least 6-8 years of experience in warehousing, industrial or manufacturing environment
- Expertise in SQL, writing queries, and creating reports in Qlikview-Business Intelligence platform
- Extensive working knowledge & experience of Excel, Word, and Microsoft Access
- Excellent project management skills: ability to manage multiple projects in time bound fashion; 1-2 full project life cycle implementations and go-lives required
- Knowledge of current best practices in Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Distribution
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work with minimal supervision
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master of Business Administration Degree
- Knowledge and experience around implementing AI & M/L models to problem-solving would-be a plus.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com