|Title:||QA Lead (Lead Merch Proc - DCm)|
This job holder must have the ability to conduct daily factory in-line and final furniture inspections at his/her assigned factory location. His/her goal is to ensure proper quality controls are being enforced by the QA inspectors and to correct and trouble shoot any manufacturing production problems found. He/she must also ensure adequate staff coverage within the factory.
1 - Understand the QA processes for the factory and establish a rapport with the production team and line staff.
2 - Execute daily furniture in-line and final inspections in accordance with WSI procedures.
3 - Deploy staff for maximum coverage.
4 - Provide accurate and timely quality control reports to immediate supervisor.
5 - Keep the QA Supervisor well informed of any potential issues that will affect quality or delivery.
6 - Reference required control samples or documents (PDS-Product data sheet or weekly production schedule) as required.
7 - Have the right tools to perform the job.
- Lead a factory QC team and provide positive coaching.
- Train and coach new inspectors to perform their assigned tasks.
- Cross check production schedules with the production team on daily basis to ensure adequate inspection coverage.
- Ensure QC inspectors are properly deployed within the factory to give the best coverage.
- Assist the QA manager to determine daily/weekly QC manpower arrangements.
- Follow up on any quality corrective or action plans.
Basic Skills required:
- Understand furniture quality control processes and systems.
- Previous experience in an inspector or lead position.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings, sewing notes, and work instructions.
General Skills Required
- Effective communication & report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities in solving production problem.
- Good eyesight.
- Good leadership capabilities to lead team of inspectors.
- Able to train Quality inspectors.
- Good Initiative, able to work under high pressure working environment
- Team player, excellent initiative, and responsible person.
- Ability to move about the facility at will
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to distinguish colors and patterns from each other
- Eye sight at “normal ability” (may be corrected) to read and observe close up and at a distance clearly
- Ability to stand/walk for significant parts of the day
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing or office environment