|Title:||Mfg Hrly I (Frame Builder)|
Assemble pre-constructed wooden furniture to specifications for upholstered furniture frames. Attach springs onto completed furniture frames.
· Assembling frame on Progressive Upholstery Line
· Obtain pre-constructed frame parts from frame grinder by pushing, pulling and lifting onto work station.
· Assemble the frame parts assuring they are square and level, with correct parts orientated to the correct direction and all parts flush to outside of frame using a hammer and nails, staples and appropriately applied glue.
· Assure all parts are ground off level to result in as flush an outside edge as possible and that no staples are on outside of frame.
· When frame is fully assembled and glue dried, lift and place the frame on top of workstation.
· Inspect frame for rough spots or poor joints.
· Spring up by pulling correct no sag springs over the spring up clips and attach fiber wire.
· According to spring up instructions, attach burlap or FLW to the frame.
· Using a staple/nail gun, shoot the front edge rope into place on the frame.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Up to 5 years’ experience in production of high-end upholstery frames.
· Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
· Ability to interpret simple frame assembly instructions commonly placed in frame assembly manual
· Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
· Ability to read, write and understand English
· Ability to maintain accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
· Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
· Ability to frequently lift frames weighing up to 50lbs
· Ability to stand for 10-hour periods
· Ability to bend and twist as required to assemble frames