|Title:||DC Outbound Lead|
|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
1st Shift; Friday-Sunday 5:00a-5:30p
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the effective execution of Picking and Shipping ECDD and CRB.
- Arrange any necessary transportation moves in yardview and ensure that moves are performed.
- Work with 3PL's on policy and procedure compliance
- Communication of daily/weekly goals and volume for Outbound department.
- Research and respond to all furniture HUB shipping inquiries sent by the brands, HUB, and JSB.
- Provide detailed information regarding root cause of shipping/receiving errors and help facilitate OS&D communication to HUBS.
- Prepare all expedited RTL request and Escalations.
- Provide training, productivity reporting, and feedback of any errors made by associates on a daily basis
- Overall Housekeeping of the Outbound area. End of Shift audit of dock and man doors.
- Communication and enforcement of Safety Practices and Policies
- Reconcile all waves and task and maintain DC Scorecard Compliance
- Provide coverage for Inbound Lead and act as Secondary point of contact for Inbound needs.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- AS400 knowledge along with all Office Applications required.
- Organized, detailed, and capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent attendance, and willingness to be part of a team - performing other duties are necessary.
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, and strong communication skills.
- Bilingual is a plus - English/Spanish.
COMPANY CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
We utilize Williams-Sonoma's Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.