|Date Posted:||Mar 16, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Ricky Hardison|
|Shift:||Monday -Thursday: 6:00am-4:30pm Weekend Shift: Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma Supply Chain - Claremont NC & Conover, NC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams - Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC and MS are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team! The ideal associate will possess previous furniture manufacturing experience, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. We are also willing to train motivated individuals looking to learn a trade that will lead to a satisfying and profitable career in home furnishings manufacturing and distribution.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Upholstery Trimmer position is located in Claremont, NC.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Pull, lift and place the next upholstered piece in line weighing approximately 50-100 lbs onto the workstation in order to build up.
- Conduct initial inspection of frame and materials to assure all pieces match the ticket on piece, including cushions and backs
- Trim the outside of the piece assure the fabric has no lumps, holes, or cat tracks. Also ensures the grain runs straight and that there are no loose corners.
- Ensure seams are straight, even, and not gapped open while also ensuring welts are straight and even.
- Fit cushions to the in-back and in-arm making sure there is no gap between cushions
- Assure that seams are straight, even and not gapped open and all welts are straight and even
- Install black bottoms on underside of piece
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Up to 5 years of experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture
- Ability to interpret simple upholstery/trimming instructions commonly placed in an upholstery/trim manual
- Ability to see patterns on fabric, good color distinction ability
- Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing approximately 75 lbs
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com