Assemble pre-constructed wooden furniture to specifications for upholstered furniture frames. Attach springs onto completed furniture frames.
- Obtain pre-constructed frame parts from frame grinder by pushing, pulling and lifting onto work station.
- Assemble the frame parts assuring they are square and level, with correct parts orientated to the correct direction and all parts flush to outside of frame using a hammer and nails, staples and appropriately applied glue.
- Assure all parts are ground off level to result in as flush an outside edge as possible and that no staples are on outside of frame.
- When frame is fully assembled and glue dried, lift and place the frame on top of workstation.
- Inspect frame for rough spots or poor joints.
- Spring up by pulling correct no sag springs over the spring up clips and attach fiber wire.
- According to spring up instructions, attach burlap or FLW to the frame.
- Using a staple/nail gun, shoot the front edge rope into place on the frame.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Up to 5 years’ experience in production of high-end upholstery frames.
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret simple frame assembly instructions commonly placed in frame assembly manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Ability to maintain accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for 10-hour periods
- Ability to bend and twist as required to assemble frames