|Title:||Sutter South Sewing Operator Weekday|
|Shift:||4 X 10, Monday-Thursday|
About Williams Sonoma -
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The primary area of focus for a sewing operator will be the sewing area for the weekday shift. The sewing operator will operate and maintain sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, and/or perform related sewing operations in the manufacturing of upholstered furniture. The sewing operator will focus on daily departmental goals being met, while meeting the objectives of Sutter Street Manufacturing in safety, service, quality, productivity, and cost.
The Insert Sewing Operator position is located in Booneville, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- The operator will be responsible for obtaining sew-kit bundles weighting approximately 25-50 pounds from prep table to complete the sewing operation.
- Using a sewing machine, the associate will adhere to established sewing standards, including: ½” seams, while keeping sewing straight and in alignment with cover pattern, assures there are no drop stitches and sews in tabs correctly.
- The operator will assure the sewn corners are at 90-degree angles and not rounded.
- After sewing and properly pulling the border, the operator will place the cover back into the bundle and place. bundles weighing approximately 25-50 pounds in its proper place on the staging table.
- Sewing operators are responsible for meeting efficiency goals and/or sewing percentages.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience in sewing of upper-end upholstery fabric sewing in an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets and the ability to interpret simple sewing instructions commonly placed in a sewing manual.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Good communication skills-oral and written. As well as, read write and understand English.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards.
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to sit or stand for 10-hour periods.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. frequently.
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- 3 years of experience in sewing in a fast-paced environment.
- Speak and understand Spanish.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to sit or stand for 10-hour periods.
- Lift 50 lbs. frequently
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER